Sunday, April 28, 2013

Lacey Nails!

I am pretty sure many of you have seen lacey nail art but have no idea how in the world those people did it! I did it in a few simple steps and I even neglected to clean up my nails for your viewing to show its okay to make a mess ... but really I was just too lazy. Many people use pale pinks and whites to mimic actual lace and to give it a French manicure feel. But for me that is waaaaaay too girly and proper so I chose a sea foam green and black! 





What you will need:
2 dotting tools - one medium sized and the other at least 2 sizes smaller
2 different colors of nail polish (lighter color as the base) 


Step One and Two:
Paint your nails with the light base color. Then using the larger dotting tool dot a line of circles diagonally across the nail.  
 


Step Three:
Using the smaller dotting tool and the lighter base color dot within the larger circle. 





Step Four:
Using the darker color paint diagonally across the upper half of the nail ensuring to cover half of the dotted circles.










No comments:

Post a Comment