Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Chaotically Beautiful

One of my best friend was asking me how to jazz up a plain white iPhone case. My obvious response was painting it with nail polish considering both of us are polish junkies. She then bestowed the task upon me. I honestly had no idea where to start or what to do then I remember Jackson Pollock. I was instantly inspired by his art to give it a shot on the iPhone canvas. This is what happened.

  What you will need:
- phone case
- multitude of different color and shades of nail polish
- top coat
- paper towel
- a work area where you can make a mess 











Directions:
Place the case on top of a piece of paper towel. Now its time for some fun! Ensure the nail polish has ample paint on it and with a slight flicking motion of the wrist ... go wild! After a few flicks with different colors ensure to rotate the paper towel (with the case sitting on it) so the splatter and drips will be evenly distributed and to prevent the pattern from going in one direction.Wait at least one day for the nail polish to dry then seal it with a top coat to prevent chipping.

Some readers may see this as a waste of nail polish but honestly speaking, how often has anyone finished one full bottle of nail polish before it gets all layered/separated and dried out?




No comments:

Post a Comment