Saturday, February 23, 2013

Popsicle Sticks

The crafting possibilities of Popsicle sticks are endless. I am sure many of you have used them at least once in your school days. But now that you are older and wiser the functionality of Popsicle sticks should no longer just be limited to color markers, white glue and construction paper.

A while back I was at a beauty supply store and saw a pack of 50 Popsicle sticks for $2.00. Obviously they were used for another purpose, waxing. Better for me to craft with because they are wider than regular Popsicle sticks. So in my mind I will buy them and I'm sure a functional, usable crafty idea will come.

Sure enough, during the holidays I potted small tropical plants into Mason jars as Christmas gifts. Instead of attaching cards to all the Mason jars I wrote on the Popsicle sticks and stuck them into the dirt.

Now armed with 30 Popsicle sticks left. More ideas must flow to use them up! BOOK MARKS!!!

What you will need: 
- Popsicle sticks
- acrylic paint (most dollar stores sale these for cheap now - I buy black, white and the primary colors - red yellow and blue to mix colors of my own)
- paint brushes



And you can always stick it to them when they are disturbing you!


No comments:

Post a Comment